<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 30, 2004

Code3 Collectables 

Many times on the scanner net I have said that I welcome topics for discussion that are not necessarily scanner related but of interest to many scanner listeners. It should come as no surprise to anyone that a large portion of the scanners owners out there are either in public safety related fields or have an interest in those areas.

Having said that I have also mentioned Code3 Collectables from time to time. This is a company that produces die cast models of emergency service vehicles that are to exact scale and very detailed.

I did not start out to collect any of these but rather bought them for my son Dan who is a paramedic and fire fighter. I would send him one each year for his birthday and to be honest I did think they were kind of neat. Like Barnes & Nobel and Walden Books they have a “club” that if you join you get a discount on items that you buy and I finally decided that I bought enough things from them to justify the cost of a membership.

In the mid 1970’s there was a television show called “Emgrgency!” that depicted how the paramedic program got started in Los Angeles and followed the actions of two fire fighter paramedics Roy DeSoto and John Gage. I was a big fan of the show and when Code3 released models of the engines and squad trucks used in the program I decided I had to have them. I still don’t have a real “collection” like my brother in law does but I like the ones I have and will put some pictures of them up on my web page when I get the time. Feel free to bring up topics such as this on the net.

If you would like to see what Code3 has to offer check out their site. Neat stuff!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?