<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 25, 2004

Don’t forget Field Day tomorrow at Skyview! 

Tomorrow is like Christmas for you radio buffs out there that would like to get your chance to operate an amateur radio station and get to learn a lot more about the hobby. The Skyview Radio Society in New Kensington will be operating tomorrow and on into Sunday at the club grounds. If I get to participate in field day operations this year that is where I will be. I have volunteered for a scientific program of depravation and pain tomorrow morning and may not be able to make it. What was I thinking when I scheduled that dentist appointment? Someone should drill a hole in my head. Wait I think that is what he is going to do tomorrow.

But don’t let that stop you! Head up to the clubhouse and join in on the fun. The basic premise of field day operating is serious business but trust me hams find a way to make a good time out of it!

And for those scanner listeners among you that have been cracking the book in preparation to get your ham ticket there will be a VE session in the morning. Again check the club web site for details. What more could you ask?

Oh, you want to know how to get there? Well simply wander over the club web page and check out the directions complete with map. [Skyview Radio Society] Also, Bob WC30 is planning a special dinner for Saturday and it sounds like it will be of the delectable variety.

So if you are in the Allegheny Valley area or even if you are not stop out, say hello, works a few contacts and join in on the fun. I hope to see you there.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?