<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Time for a change 

If you are reading this you know that I started this blog a few months ago and have tried to keep it active. I am still relatively new to bloging and have been looking at other software to implement the function. As you know I am a fan of Stan Horzepa, WA1LOU, who writes the "Surfin' " column for QST and the ARRL web site. In a recent article he showcased a new web site called Hamblog (http://hamblog.com) which much like QTH.com and QSL.net sites are run by amateurs more or less because they enjoy doing it. In this case it is Charles Brabham, N5PVL, who created Hamblog. In the process he and the others provide a valuable service to the ham radio community. In the case of QTH.com they provide free and low cost web sites if they are dedicated to amateur radio activity. QSL.net provides a number of mailing reflectors on practically every topic you could envision related to the hobby.

I visited the Hamblog site after reading the column and it short order set up a blog for WA3FKG. It really isn't all that hard to do and if you would like to put your two cents worth out there into the either for all to see you should give it a try. Start off by reading Stan's excellent columns on bloging. The first was published on the ARRL site in April of this year. The second this month just a week or two ago. Here are the url's for those two columns.

http://www.arrl.org/news/features/2004/04/23/1/

http://www.arrl.org/news/features/2004/07/09/1/

Once you have read these you will have the background information on the subject. Now the point of this message is that I don't really see the need to maintain two blogs. It would not be that much additional effort with "cut and paste" but I don't really see the need. Since the Hamblog site is specifically radio oriented and I like their interface much better I plan to make it home so to speak. I will stop updating this site as of today and after a month or so I may delete it entirely. As always comments are welcome and I hope to hear you Sunday on the net.

I just noticed that Blogspot has been working on their user interface. You can now upload an image file to your blog and it looks like they have made some other neat changes. Such is life. Perhaps if Linux becomes a large topic on the blog I will use this one for that area of interest.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?