<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Did you know that you can have a web page for FREE? 

In addition to blogging I also dabble in HTML coding. I have a web page dedicated to amateur radio on the QSL.NET web site. Did you know that through the dedicated efforts of Alan Waller, K3KTJ, that hams have the opportunity to create a web page on the Internet free of charge? This is a fantastic service and something quite frankly that I think the ARRL should be doing for its members.

All you need to do to have your very own corner in cyberspace is visit the web site QTH.NET and create an account with your call sign. Of course it is up to you to author your web page and generate the appropriate HTML code but it isn't nearly as difficult as it first appears. I knew nothing at all about creating web pages when I got started on QSL but managed to put a page together. While not as impressive as some of the other that I have seen there it does the job.

If you are interested please visit the QSL web site and give it a try. If you do take advantage of Alan's kind offer of free web space consider making a contribution to the site. He keeps QSL.NET running on the web through banner adds and contributions from users. As I said before a real asset to the amateur community.

I spent a little time this evening updating my page and hope to continue to make improvements in it over the next few weeks. You can follow this link WA3FKG to my web site to view my efforts. Let me know what you think.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?