<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, July 21, 2006

Latest addition to the shack 

Well I have added another scanner to the collection. I have been watching the swap groups and web portals that have classified sections for some time now thinking about getting another Uniden BC-780XLT. They seem to be at a premium value though for some reason owners not wanting to part with them.

One popped up on a mailing list the other day at a VERY REASONABLE price and I jumped on it. It was one of those items that sounded almost too good to be true. Having a little faith though I sent off a cashiers check for the amount requested and the radio arrived yesterday priority mail professionally packed and in like brand new condition. The only thing not contained in the package was the the mobile mounting bracket which the owner said he had accidentally discarded with the original box. That was offset by the fact that included was the latest version of Butel's excellent ARC780 software. Overall I'm very pleased with my find.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?