<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Lets hope it never really goes away 

I had been hearing about a story in the Wall Street Journal all week involving Morse Code but did not really have a chance to investigate and see what it was all about. My good friend WW3A who has transplanted himself to Texas sent me a link to the story and I thing all will find in interesting.

I have never become proficient enough at the code to really enjoy it but I do think it is a great way to communicate and despite the fact that you are no longer required to learn it for an amateur radio license I think it will be around for some time to come.


(In Plain English: One Man's Bid To Save Morse Code)
PRESCOTT, Ariz. -- Nostalgic for simpler days, retired astrophysicist Chuck Adams is translating classics of boys' lit into a language he fears is going the way of kit radios and marbles: Morse code.
Holed up in his high-desert home crammed with computers, radio receivers and a very patient wife, Mr. Adams uses homemade software to download online books with expired copyrights, convert the typed words into Morse code tones and record them on compact discs he sells on the Internet.


Follow this LINK for the entire story.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?